Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sequence of Events Lesson

 Sequence of Events Lesson


This is a lesson plan I made with the inspiration of Sam's Sandwich by David Pelham. The kids really loved this writing exercise and my university teacher did too by asking for a copy to use as an example for future classes.

I differentiate all my instruction as the classroom is NOT a one size fits all experience. I make slight changes in my handouts so it's not so noticeable to other students.

Common Core State Standards for Language Arts and Literacy that are being met:
W.2.2 Writing
Write informative/explanatory texts in which they introduce a topic, use facts and definitions to develop points, and provide a concluding statement or section.
 

Lesson Goal/Objective
Goal:Learner and task- Second grade students will apply their understanding of writing instructions

Objective: Observable- by completing a manual on how to make an ice-cream sundae

Conditions- working individually at their assigned seats
Criteria- using the provided word bank to create five complete sentences with capital letters at the start of each sentence, having 5-7 words spaced appropriately in the sentence and ending with correct punctuation.

These are the handouts I made for the activity:
















































No comments:

Post a Comment